| Job Opportunities
Food Technologist (Posted 18.11.2019)
St. Dunstans Way, off Ripley Street, West Bowling, Bradford BD4 7EG
We are recruiting for a Food Technologist based at our Bradford site.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual, to be representative of the company's high standards, who can conduct themselves in a professional and positive manner at all times. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy is an imperative part of the role. The ideal candidate will also have technical experience within the food manufacturing industry.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager you will be responsible for:
• Completing product specifications.
• Generating new product ideas and recipes.
• Modifying and improving existing recipes.
• Designing processes and machinery for the production of recipes on a large scale.
• Liaising with marketing staff.
• Ensuring that strict hygiene food safety standards are met.
• Identifying and choosing products from suppliers.
• Monitoring the use of additives.
• Testing and examining samples.
• Writing reports.
• Product engineering to create efficiencies.
• Maintaining document control and drawing up recipes and trialling in NPD kitchen.
• Ensuring each product has been approved and finalised.
• Generating an appropriate reference library database of all NPD samples with key details and photographs.
• Generating product artwork, packaging and ensuring the labelling is in accordance with current legislation and customer requirements.
• Managing the customer/supplier relationship as well as with internal departments such as Technical, purchasing and NPD.
• Completing any other customer technical information to specific customer requirements to agreed timescales.
• Liaising closely with the laboratory regarding the collection and collation of shelf life and analytical results.
• Developing a close working relationship with ingredients suppliers to enhance product performance.
• Working with the production team to develop NPD samples onto a fully automated process line.
• To be integral to the process flow and ensuring checks and balances are at every stage.
• Checking of raw materials against product specs.
• Working with engineering/production to update machine settings and transfers.
• All information to be collated and necessary SOP to be created.
• Planning time between process area, NPD, office.
• Providing key information for operator training.
• Being responsible for HACCP and HACCP auditing in addition to the BRC Global Standards.
• Taking responsibility of the record keeping in relation to BRC Global Standards.
• Helping the company achieve the BRC Global Standards AA Rating.
Competitive salary for the right candidate.
To apply please send your CV in the first instance to: email@example.com